KEFS Electric Float Switch
The KENCO Model KEFS uses a float to determine the presence or absence of liquid in a vessel at the process connection. The float arm assembly consists of a float at one end and a magnet at the other. As the level in the vessel rises, the float rises and the magnet falls. The magnet actuates a second magnet on the other side of the pressure boundary. This second magnet causes the switch to change state.
The pressure boundary contains no seals; it is a solid stainless steel barrier that passes a magnetic field, but no liquids. It is impossible for the process liquid to enter the switch enclosure through this barrier. The electrical contacts consist of a microswitch that can be either a single-pole, Double-throw (SPDT) or Double-pole, Double-throw configuration (DPDT). The SPDT Switch is available with either a 5 Amp or 8 Amp current load. The DPDT Switch is only available with a 4 Amp current load.
- Simple Installation – Switch can be easily installed at the process connection in the vessel wall with simple hand tools
- Multiple Circuitry Options – Available with a 5A SPDT, 8A SPDT or 4A DPDT switch
- High-Temp Option – 5A SPDT version available with High Temperature rating option up to 400°F
- Stainless Steel Body – All wetted parts including switch body are manufactured from 303 Stainless Steel
- Seal-less Switch Barrier – Magnetic switch actuator operates through a solid steel barrier. There are no seals between the process and the switch compartment that could potentially cause a switch failure.