ToughSonic CHEM 35
The ToughSonic CHEM 35 is designed for distance measurement applications where corrosive chemical liquids or gasses are present, but it is an excellent sensor for benign environments as well. The maximum range of 35 feet (10.7 meters) is the longest range model in the ToughSonic CHEM sensor family.
The ToughSonic CHEM 35 is sealed in a PVDF (Kynar®) housing. It is fully submersible, chemical resistant and shock resistant. It has a potted-in 9-wire cable that connects up to five simultaneous analog and/or switch outputs plus a serial interface. It is fully configurable with SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software.
Please see the full line of ToughSonic and ToughSonic CHEM sensors for alternative ranges, sizes and housing materials.
ToughSonic CHEM 35 Sensor Models
Models are differentiated by data connection type, typically used with SenixVIEW software. All models have the same analog and switch output functions and features.
Modbus RS-232 serial data interface
Modbus RS-485 serial data interface
- Custom SenixVIEW configurations can be designed and preloaded for your unique application.
- Alternative cable type, length, and connections are available.
- Metric or BSP upper threads are available.
Benefits of ToughSonic Ultrasonic Sensor Technology
ToughSonic CHEM 35 sensors are built Tough with:
- Chemically resistant PVDF housings.
- Sealed epoxy potting for IP68 immersion rating and shock resistance.
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer, potted in place.
- Hardened ToughSonic solid state internal electronics.
- UV resistant, 6.5 ft (2 m) potted-in 9-wire cable standard.
ToughSonic CHEM 35 sensors are built Smart with:
- More than 60 performance parameters and many viewing, analysis and maintenance options are configurable by SenixVIEW.
- Up to six simultaneous, industry standard outputs.
- Multi-sensor network capability built-in.
|Maximum Range||35 feet (10.7 meters)|
|Optimum Range||12 inches – 25 feet (30.5 centimeters – 7.6 meters)|
|Temperature||-40º to 158º F (-40º to 70º C)|
|Humidity||0 to 100% operating|
|Protection||NEMA-4X, NEMA-6P, IP68|
|Resolution||Digital: 0.0135 in. (0.344 mm); Analog:4099 steps (0-10 VDC), 3279 steps (4-20 mA)|
|Repeatability||Nominal 0.2% of range @ constant temp. Affected by target, distance, environment|
|Update Rate||10 Hz (100 ms), SenixVIEW adjustable; affected by SenixVIEW filter selections|
|Voltage Output||0-10, 0-5 VDC or SenixVIEW customized; 10 mA max.|
|Current Loop #1||Current sourcing 4-20 mA or SenixVIEW customized, max. loop 450Ω|
|Current Loop #2||Current sinking 4-20 mA or SenixVIEW customized, max. loop 450Ω|
|Sinking Switch||150 mA max. @ 40 VDC max., teachable set point & polarity, fault indication|
|Sourcing Switch||150 mA max. @ input voltage, teachable set point & polarity, fault indication|
|RS-232, RS-485||Modbus protocol, 9600-115200 baud (selectable), 8 data bits, 1 stop, no parity|
|SYNC feature||Permits up to 32 sensors to operate in close proximity without interference|
|Mounting||2 inch NPT/BSP Universal lower thread. 1 inch NPT upper thread|
|Attached Cable||6.5 feet (2 meters)|
|Total Weight||22.6 oz. (0.64 kg)|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.