Maximum Range 30 feet (9.1 Meters)
The ToughSonic 30 ultrasonic sensor has a maximum range of 30 feet (9.1 meters). Like all ToughSonic sensors, it’s built for durability and ease of use in tough industrial environments. It’s fully immersible, corrosion resistant, shock resistant and all around tough. It is also fully configurable with SenixVIEW software.
ultrasonic sensors housed in stainless steelThe 1.5 inch (38.1 mm) housing has 1.5 inch NPT threading on each end and a smooth middle section for a variety of mounting options. This sensor has a 9-wire cable that allows up to six simultaneous serial, analog and/or switch outputs. These workhorse sensors are used around the world in remote monitoring and demanding factory environments.
ToughSonic 30 Options
The ToughSonic 30 is available with one of the following Modbus serial data interfaces.
Modbus RS-232 serial data interface
Modbus RS-485 serial data interface
- Custom SenixVIEW configurations can be pre-loaded.
- Alternative cable type, length and connections are available.
Our ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors offer extraordinary features and flexibility. If you need sensor capabilities that are not listed here, please contact us.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Tough with:
- 1.18 inch (30 millimeter) type 316 stainless steel housing.
- Sealed epoxy potting for wet and dirty applications.
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer, potted in place.
- Hardened ToughSonic internal electronics.
- UV resistant, potted-in cable.
- Short and overload protected input / output.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Smart with:
- SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software controlling more than 60 performance parameters, and dozens of viewing, analysis and maintenance options.
- Push-button “Teach” feature.
- Multi-sensor network capable.
- Up to six simultaneous, industry standard outputs
|Maximum Range||3 feet (91 centimeters)|
|Optimum Range||10 inches – 20 feet (25.4 cm- 6.1m)|
|Temperature||-40º to 158º F (-40º to 70º C)|
|Humidity||0 to 100% operating|
|Protection||NEMA-4X, NEMA-6P, IP68|
|Resolution||Digital: 0.0068 in. (0.172 mm); Analog:4099 steps (0-10 VDC), 3279 steps (4-20 mA)|
|Repeatability||Nominal 0.2% of range @ constant temp. Affected by target, distance, environment|
|Update Rate||10 Hz (100 ms), SenixVIEW adjustable; affected by SenixVIEW filter selections|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Voltage Output||0-10, 0-5 VDC or SenixVIEW customized; 10mA max|
|Current Loop #1||Current sourcing 4-20 mA or PC customized, max. loop 450Ω|
|Current Loop #2||Current sinking 4-20 mA or PC customized, max. loop 450Ω|
|Sinking Switch||150 mA max. @ 40 VDC max., teachable set point & polarity, fault indication|
|Sourcing Switch||150 mA max. @ input voltage, teachable set point & polarity, fault indication|
|RS-232, RS-485||Modbus protocol, 9600-115200 baud (selectable), 8 data bits, 1 stop, no parity|
|SYNC feature||Permits up to 32 sensors to operate in close proximity without interference|
|Mounting||1.5 inch NPT thread, top or bottom|
|Attached Cable||6.5 feet (2 meters)|
|Total Weight||22.6 oz. (0.64 kg)|