The ToughSonic 3 ultrasonic sensor has a maximum range of 3 feet (91 centimeters). This sensor was designed for applications where the larger maximum range and/or the wider ultrasonic beam of the ToughSonic 14 prevents its usage. If your application can accept the ToughSonic 14’s operating parameters, we recommend that you use it. If you need a smaller minimum range or smaller ultrasonic beam size, then the ToughSonic 3 is an excellent alternative.
The ToughSonic 3 has the same 30 millimeter stainless steel housing as the ToughSonic 14. It features a short 1.75 inch (4.5 centimeter) minimum range and a narrow ultrasonic beam width for measuring in tight spaces. And, like all ToughSonic sensors, it’s built for durability and ease of use in tough industrial environments. It’s fully submersible, corrosion resistant, shock resistant and all around tough. It’s also fully configurable with our SenixVIEW software or with our famous “Teach” feature for push button configuration.
For longer range applications or for chemically resistant sensors, please see our full line of ToughSonic and ToughSonic CHEM sensors.
ToughSonic 3 Options
The ToughSonic 3 is available with one of the following Modbus serial data interfaces.
Modbus RS-232 serial data interface
Modbus RS-485 serial data interface
Custom SenixVIEW configurations can be pre-loaded.
Alternative cable type, length and connections are available.
Our ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors offer extraordinary features and flexibility. If you need sensor capabilities that are not listed here, please contact us.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Tough with:
- 1.18 inch (30 millimeter) type 316 stainless steel housing.
- Sealed epoxy potting for wet and dirty applications.
- Ruggedized piezoelectric ultrasonic transducer, potted in place.
- Hardened ToughSonic internal electronics.
- UV resistant, potted-in cable.
- Short and overload protected input / output.
ToughSonic ultrasonic sensors are built Smart with:
- SenixVIEW configuration and analysis software controlling more than 60 performance parameters, and dozens of
- viewing, analysis and maintenance options.
- Push-button “Teach” feature.
- Multi-sensor network capable.
- Up to three simultaneous, industry standard outputs