Bromine By-Pass Feeders
Neptune Bromine Feeders are a convenient and efficient way to properly feed solid biocides or other corrosive water treatment chemicals. Now offered in two body material options - vinylester resin and clear PVC - Neptune’s bromine feeders are designed to easily handle ball, stick, tablet and other forms of bromine. These feeders excel in applications involving feeding chemicals into cooling towers.
Vinylester Resin Bromine Feeder
Constructed of vinylester resin, these feeders are superior to standard steel by-pass feeders for shot feeding corrosive chemicals.
The vinylester resin bodies have two threaded side connections, one threaded bottom connection and one 6.4 mm (2-1/2″) or 10.1 (4″) top opening with threaded gasketed closure. Feeders are rated to 10.3 bar (150 psi) and a maximum temperature of 65.5ºC (150ºF)
- Feed rates up to 104 kg (230 lb) per day
- Optional PVC piping kits include strainers and all required fittings
- Optional flow indicators in four ranges
- Optional pressure relief valves and solenoid valves
1-These rates based on Dantobrom� manufactured by Lonza Inc. and water at 70ºF (21ºC).
2-This represents amount of product above the outlet fitting.
NOTE: Feed rates will be reduced when using less soluble compounds. Feed rates will vary with water temperature.
Clear PVC Bromine Feeder
Constructed of clear PVC, this convenient body design allows the bromine level to be viewed without opening the cap.
The clear PVC bodies have two threaded bottom connections and one 15.2 cm (6″) top opening with threaded O-ring closure. Feeders are rated to a maximum pressure of 8.6 bar (125 psi) and maximum temperature of 38ºC (100ºF).
- Feed rates from 1.4 kg (3 lb) through 7.3 kg (16 lb) per day
- Optional PVC piping kits include unions, valves and all required fittings
- Optional flow indicator in four ranges