Upstream NC 10-75 UV Purification For Water
Upstream® NC 10-75
- Upstream® models are available for flow rates of 10, 15 and 30 GPM and can treat water with UVT as low as 50%.
- Laboratory tested to 40 mJ/cm2 dose at END of lamp life — same as NSF/ANS55 Class A certification. Competing brands test at beginning at lamp life and at a potentially unsafe dose of only 30 mJ/cm2.
- Tested at 50% and 75% UVT (UV transmittance) of water. Competing brands test at virtually pure 95% UVT.
- Operates at a wide range of water and air temperatures and pre-treatment ranges, unlike competing brands with limited operating conditions
UPSTREAM® WITH CROSSFIRE® TECHNOLOGY THE MOST EFFECTIVE UV PURIFICATION FOR WATER
Upstream Systems with patented Crossfire Technology are validated to achieve the same standards as NSF/ANSI 55 Class A, but are not certified, where regulations do not require it. Field-tested and proven with over a decade of demanding municipal, industrial and commercial applications.
Dissolved organics and high tannin content are the primary contributors to the reduction of UV Transmittance (UVT) in surface waters. Tannin content and low UVT render conventional UV technology ineffective. Our Upstream units are engineered specifically for these types of cases where others fail.
Upstream is engineered to reduce e-coli, bacteria, cysts like cryptosporidium and giardia, legionella and most viruses to safe levels –a minimum of 99.99% reduction. Upstream systems are effective for the broadest range of pre-treatment water quality with UVT as low as 50%.
Upstream Systems are for Potable, Reuse and Rainwater applications and are effective even on surface water from lakes, streams, cisterns and dug wells.
|Broadest Range of Pre-treatment Conditions|
|Conventional “Light in a Pipe” Systems||Current Hallett and Upstream Systems|
|Hardness||<85mg/L (grains)||Up to 855mg/L (grains)|
|Iron||<.3 mg/L||Up to 3 mg/L|
|No/Low Flow||Overheating – lower UV intensity||No Effect – 100% UV intensity|
|UVT||Must be 75% to over 90% to achieve advertised dose||As low as 50% for surface water and reuse applications|
|Flow Control||Flow Restrictor is an option – may not be safe||All UV Pure potable water systems have flow restrictors – Safe!|
- Flexible stainless steel hook-up hoses
- Power Conditioner
- Wireless Remote Monitor
- Automatic Shut-off Solenoid Value