U.S. Patent Number 5442959
The Environmental Protection Gauge (EPG) is easy to install. It installs just like tubular glass and is designed to replace your existing tubular glass. It will eliminate glass breakage and stop costly spills. The metal end connection of the gauge inserts into the valve stuffing box thus eliminating two common points for glass breakage:
- Overtightening of the glass packing
- Breakage of glass at the packing nuts from impact to the gauge
The packing nut on the tubular valve tightens around the metal nozzles of the EPG gauge, not glass! Nozzles match the O.D. of 5/8" glass or 3/4" glass.
The clear polycarbonate shield allows 360° visibility. Unlike expanded metal protection, the fluid level is not obstructed. The EPG Level Gauge is also priced so that it is an economical alternative to expanded metal.
OUTSIDE DIAMETER OF TUBULAR CONNECTIONS:
EPG 5/8 = 5/8″ O.D.
EPG 3/4 = 3/4″ O.D.
SIGHT TUBE MATERIAL:
5/8″ O.D. Standard Glass
*Other Sight Tube Materials Available. Consult Factory For Options
V = Fluorocarbon
A = Aflas
B = Buna-N
TES = PTFE Encapsulated Silicone
E = Ethylene Propylene
*Other Seal Materials Available. Consult Factory For Options
High Impact UV Stabilized Clear Polycarbonate
316 Stainless Steel
* NOTE: Gauge assembly does not include KTV Valves. KENCO KTV Valves must be ordered seperately.
* NOTE: EPG gauge is supplied unassembled for a 4 ft. visual length field assembled unit. If you would like a unit cut to your specific application requirements, please provide the following information:
- Centerline Dimension Between Valve Connections
- Valve Manufacturer and Valve Model Number